15-5PH AMS 5659
AMS 5659 Specification 15-5PH Stainless Steel
Stainless Steel Bars. Stainless Steel Wire. Stainless Steel Forgings. Stainless Steel Rings. Stainless Steel Extrusions. 15 Cr, 4.5 Ni, 0.30 Cb, 3.5 Cu.
Known for its high strength, corrosion resistance, toughness and wear resistance, 15-5PH stainless steel is a precipitation hardening stainless steel. This steel is composed of 15% chromium and 5% nickel (15-5) and the heat treatment process used is precipitation hardening (PH). 15-5PH stainless steel is a versatile metal commonly used in a variety of applications, including aerospace, oil and gas, and petrochemical industries.
15-5PH Stainless Steel in AMS 5659 Specification, per SAE:
“This specification covers a corrosion-resistant steel in the form of bars, wire, forgings, flash welded rings, extrusions, and stock for forging, flash welded rings, or extruding. These products have been used typically for parts requiring corrosion resistance and high strength up to 600 °F (316 °C) with good ductility and strength in the transverse direction in large section sizes, but usage is not limited to such applications. Certain design and processing procedures may cause these products to become susceptible to stress-corrosion cracking; ARP1110 recommends practices to minimize such conditions.”
Consumable remelted. Precipitation hardenable.
Applications of 15-5PH (AMS 5659) Stainless Steel
- Fasteners: 15-5PH stainless steel is often used for fasteners in the aerospace industry due to its high strength and corrosion resistance.
- Gears: The high strength and good wear resistance of 15-5PH stainless steel make it an excellent choice for gears in the aerospace industry.
- Structural Parts: 15-5PH stainless steel is also used for structural parts in the aerospace industry, such as fuselage frames and wing components.
- Engine Components: 15-5PH stainless steel is resistant to high temperatures and has good toughness, making it suitable for use in engine components such as turbine blades and exhaust systems.
- Drilling: 15-5PH stainless steel is often used to make drilling tools for oil and gas exploration due to its high strength and corrosion resistance.
Rapid Response RFQ
Contact Us Now to get 15-5PH Stainless in AMS 5659 Spec: