AMS 5734 Specification A286 Nickel Based Stainless Steel
Steel, Corrosion and Heat Resistant Steel, Steel Bars, Steel Wire, Steel Forgings, and Steel Tubing, 15Cr 25.5Ni 1.2Mo 2.1Ti 0.006B 0.30V, Consumable Electrode Melted Steel, 1650ºF(899ºC), Solution Heat Treated
AMS 5734 A286’s unique properties make it a reliable material choice for industries demanding high-performance materials capable of withstanding extreme conditions.
Rapid Response RFQ
Contact Us Now:
AMS 5734 is a specification for a high-strength, corrosion-resistant nickel-based stainless steel alloy, known as A286. This alloy is a precipitation-hardenable material, known for its excellent mechanical properties at both high and low temperatures. AMS 5734 A286 alloy is primarily composed of nickel, chromium, and iron, with smaller amounts of molybdenum, titanium, and vanadium. This unique combination of elements provides a balance of high tensile strength, good creep resistance, and excellent corrosion resistance. The alloy’s superior strength and durability make it an ideal choice for high-stress applications, while its resistance to oxidation and corrosion ensures longevity in harsh environments.
The versatile nature of AMS 5734 A286 makes it suitable for a wide range of applications. Some of the key applications include:
- Aerospace Components: Used in turbine blades, afterburner parts, and fasteners due to its ability to withstand high temperatures and stress.
- Gas Turbines: Ideal for turbine wheels and blades, as well as other components exposed to high temperatures.
- Automotive Industry: Utilized in exhaust systems and manifold components where high temperature resistance is crucial.
- Industrial Furnaces: Suitable for furnace components and fixtures due to its high-temperature stability.
- Power Generation: Used in boiler parts and superheater elements for its strength at elevated temperatures.
- Petrochemical Industry: Applied in flanges, fittings, and fasteners for its corrosion resistance in harsh chemical environments.